Anganwadi workers burn effigy of CM over hike in honorarium - Mandi Gobindgarh News

Mandi Gobindgarh News

Mandi Gobindgarh News and Directory

drlalpathlabs.mandigobindgarh@gmail.com

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Anganwadi workers burn effigy of CM over hike in honorarium


Anganwadi workers burn effigy of CM over hike in honorarium

Our Correspondent

Fazilka, October 8

Activists of the All India Anganwadi Workers and Helpers’ Union burnt an effigy of Capt Amarinder Singh in poll-bound Jalalabad town today to protest against non-fulfillment of their demands.

State unit president of the union Saroj Chhapriwala said at the time when Congress candidates filed their nomination papers in Jalalabad, they had assured to fulfill their long-pending demands but nothing had been done in more than a week’s time.

He pleaded that the Central government had contributed its share of 60 per cent but the Punjab government failed to contribute the remaining 40 per cent to pay honorarium to the workers despite assurances.

The workers have warned to intensify the stir if their demands weren’t accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot