Bir burnt in accidental fire: Cops - Mandi Gobindgarh News

Mandi Gobindgarh News

Mandi Gobindgarh News and Directory

drlalpathlabs.mandigobindgarh@gmail.com

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Bir burnt in accidental fire: Cops


Bir burnt in accidental fire: Cops

Tribune News Service

Sangrur, May 13

The Punjab Police on Monday claimed to have cracked a case wherein a bir was burnt at Hathoa village in the district.

They said it was the result of an accidental fire which the granthi had reportedly tried to cover up with a concocted story due to the fear of being blamed for negligence and losing his job.

The case was solved by the concerted efforts of fire forensic experts from Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Sangrur, and the findings were also corroborated by an expert team from Mumbai.

“We will write to Punjab State Power Corporation Limited to spread awareness for preventing such incidents in future,” said Dinkar Gupta, Director General of Police (DGP).

Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh also lauded the collaborative efforts of these teams, which worked under the guidance of Sangrur SSP Sandeep Garg and Patiala IG AS Rai, with DGP Dinkar Gupta monitoring the investigation and assessing the situation on the spot.

The CM commended the police for unraveling the case in record time, which he said had the potential of sparking communal tension in the state.

According to a police spokesperson, the investigation had revealed that the fire broke out accidentally due to overheating of a wall fan inside the sanctum sanctorum of the gurdwara in Hathoa village. Soon, a ‘parna’ (piece of garment) with which the wall fan had been tied to the ‘Palki Sahib’ pillar caught fire. Both the fan and the ‘parna’ fell on the carpet, which also caught fire that spread to the Guru Granth Sahib ‘bir’.

“The granthi, Joga Singh, has confessed to having concocted the story when confronted with the forensic and circumstantial evidence. He also told the investigators that he was afraid of being blamed for negligence by the villagers and losing his job, which is the sole source of income for his family of four,” the DGP said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot